Create Your Own Light Saber! LED Adhesive Strip Lights
LED strip lights are FUN! Superbright LEDs.com is our primary source. They offer package deals, or à la cart purchases.
In terms of install prep, here’s our preferred method:
- Set a standard 120v outlet, controlled by a switch. Add more than one outlets to the same switch if you want.
- Do your best to hide the outlets as much as is possible (i.e., putting inside or on top of a cabinet upper).
- Then cut, link, & adhere your light strips to their desired place, typically an indirect site (like under a cab, behind a mirror, or in a ceiling rib).
- Connect wires from LED strips to a single controller that connects to a transformer.
- Now plug your transformer into that concealed switched outlet (see step 1 & 2).
- Switch the outlet ON, and SHOWTIME!
- Control the action with the wireless remote. For even more color options and timer capabilities, use a mobile device app, like WeMo.
Doug Cameron is a Healthy, High-Performance Builder & Remodeler with EcoSafe Spaces in Austin, TX.