Beam me up Scottie! Infrared Sensors & Hidden Media Cabinets!
Posted on May 16, 2014 Leave a Comment
Media Cabinets are a must have for any major renovation or new build.
Create Your Own Light Saber! LED Adhesive Strip Lights
Posted on May 10, 2014 Leave a Comment
LED strip lights are FUN! Superbright LEDs.com is our primary source. They offer package deals, or à la cart purchases.
In terms of install prep, here’s our preferred method:
- Set a standard 120v outlet, controlled by a switch. Add more than one outlets to the same switch if you want.
- Do your best to hide the outlets as much as is possible (i.e., putting inside or on top of a cabinet upper).
- Then cut, link, & adhere your light strips to their desired place, typically an indirect site (like under a cab, behind a mirror, or in a ceiling rib).
- Connect wires from LED strips to a single controller that connects to a transformer.
- Now plug your transformer into that concealed switched outlet (see step 1 & 2).
- Switch the outlet ON, and SHOWTIME!
- Control the action with the wireless remote. For even more color options and timer capabilities, use a mobile device app, like WeMo.
Doug Cameron is a Healthy, High-Performance Builder & Remodeler with EcoSafe Spaces in Austin, TX.
Air Purification for HVAC: Guardian REME
Posted on September 12, 2013 Leave a Comment
Posted on June 14, 2013 Leave a Comment
|Tip: Don’t place your bed against an exterior wall that has an electrical service panel on adjacent side, as this could increase your exposure to harmful electromagnetic fields. Instead put a painting/piece of furniture like dresser/cabinet on that wall.
Artisan Tile…Yes Please!!
Posted on June 12, 2013 Leave a Comment
"Common Sense" Design Elements- Exteriors
Posted on April 16, 2013 Leave a Comment
Design elements are huge when it comes to increasing a buildings efficiency. For a few pointers, take a look at this ad we ran locally in Austin Fit Magazine. And this is just the exterior… My personal favorite are big overhangs(4′ minimum). Thanks Bioloom Design for your help with this!!
Doug Cameron is a Healthy, High-Performance Builder & Remodeler with EcoSafe Spaces, LLC in Austin, TX.