Media Cabinets are a must have for any major renovation or new build.
LED strip lights are FUN! Superbright LEDs.com is our primary source. They offer package deals, or à la cart purchases.
In terms of install prep, here’s our preferred method:
- Set a standard 120v outlet, controlled by a switch. Add more than one outlets to the same switch if you want.
- Do your best to hide the outlets as much as is possible (i.e., putting inside or on top of a cabinet upper).
- Then cut, link, & adhere your light strips to their desired place, typically an indirect site (like under a cab, behind a mirror, or in a ceiling rib).
- Connect wires from LED strips to a single controller that connects to a transformer.
- Now plug your transformer into that concealed switched outlet (see step 1 & 2).
- Switch the outlet ON, and SHOWTIME!
- Control the action with the wireless remote. For even more color options and timer capabilities, use a mobile device app, like WeMo.
Doug Cameron is a Healthy, High-Performance Builder & Remodeler with EcoSafe Spaces in Austin, TX.
|Tip: Don’t place your bed against an exterior wall that has an electrical service panel on adjacent side, as this could increase your exposure to harmful electromagnetic fields. Instead put a painting/piece of furniture like dresser/cabinet on that wall.|
Design elements are huge when it comes to increasing a buildings efficiency. For a few pointers, take a look at this ad we ran locally in Austin Fit Magazine. And this is just the exterior… My personal favorite are big overhangs(4′ minimum). Thanks Bioloom Design for your help with this!!